I can’t believe it has been eight months since I have posted anything. One post cannot contain everything that has happened to us since the last time I posted, so I will try to fill you in with short sentences.
- We moved to Kalispell right before Christmas.
- We were in a rent-to-buy deal on a historical house.
- About 3 months after moving into said house, we received a notice on the front door that the house was being foreclosed and we had a certain amount of time to move out before auction.
- We quickly tried to find another rental and God blessed us with a house to rent that we can’t complain about. God is good!
- Paul moved back to Havre temporarily to help his Dad try and finish things at their house. He was gone a month but it felt more like a year.
- I choked on some asparagus and nearly died. Thankfully my husband was home and knows how to do the Heimlich. Ugh.
- We are in the process of buying a home right now, but it is still up in the air a little bit if this will work out. Yay.
- I am organizing, packing, throwing things away getting ready to move anyway. It feels great to be busy right now and I pray God will bless my efforts.
- Due to track work on the railroad, Paul’s job has been a little stressful. The possibilities of him moving back to Havre temporarily are high, and the timing is really stinky! He keeps trying to keep his job here in the Whitefish area, and so far he is doing OK.. we will see how long this lasts before he’s sent over — if he gets sent over at all. Prayers please!
- Paul found the cord for the computer so I can finally post things on my blog! Oh, and so he can do his stuff too. 🙂
OK.. that’s all I can think of right now, so there you go! Life has been one big roller coaster ride for the past 9 months, and I don’t see us getting off any time soon! I think I’m getting to the point where I feel like laughing at the chaos because I’m blown away at how long it has lasted. At least I’m laughing, right? 🙂
Not everything has been bad, though. We have had a lot of happy moments with our little family as well! We have been to Glacier National Park multiple times, we have gone hiking in different areas, we have enjoyed many lake days, we have gone to farmer’s markets, art and craft shows, tried delicious foods, gone on several beautiful walks in the downtown area.. We have thoroughly enjoyed our new lives in Kalispell, Montana. When I feel overwhelmed and sad about everything that has happened — especially losing Mandie — I “get lost” (Montana’s motto) by taking the kids hiking or we go on walks in the neighborhood, and I get a chance to see God’s beauty here! I am reminded that God is an amazing Creator and His details on every delicate petal of a flower to the strength of the towering pine tree remind me that He is still with me, He loves me, and He is here to comfort me through everything. That is pretty amazing.
The Bible says, “I will lift my eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made the heaven and earth.” (Psalm 121:1 KJV)
The grand thought of this psalm is that the God who created the heavens and earth also watches over the lives of all those who trust Him and His Word.* Isn’t that a beautiful thought? With everything we have gone through, and with everything we are going through at this moment.. I can’t imagine dealing with any of it without God. Now is not the time to let my faith sway and choose to live life without Him.
Well.. I feel like I rambled a lot in this post. 🙂 I guess that is to be expected, though, since I haven’t been on here in so long. Next time will be better! Hopefully! 🙂
*Excerpt from Life in the Spirit Study Bible — Commentary on Psalm 121:1